Looks like you need some help figuring out how to delete an Instagram account. You’ve come to the right place.
Are you worried about Instagram privacy threats? Need a break from social media? Experiencing cyberbullying? Just done with the photo-sharing app altogether?
Whatever the reason may be, we’ll cover everything you need to know about deactivating and deleting Instagram accounts in this article.
First of all we’ll categorize deleting the Instagram temporary or permanently.
How to temporarily disable
If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.
To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.